2014 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
My Orange Villa (Health Counseling) Marketing Internship
Start Date: Monday, May 12th (if you can start earlier the better)
End Date: TBC (flexible)
Hours: 4-10 hrs per week; Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Led by founder Kirsi Paalanen, My Orange Villa helps busy professionals achieve their best health. She helps her clients lose weight for good, reduce stress and feel more energetic by working with corporations and with professionals privately.
About the Founder:
Kirsi Paalanen is a certified health coach. She has made a guest appearance for a cooking segment on a famous doctor’s talk show. She is also an expert member of Dr. Oz’s Sharecare community of top-ranking health experts. She shares her advice and answers questions on weight loss, stress and energy on Sharecare. Kirsi has worked in consulting and marketing for close to a decade with Fortune 500 companies. Her career has taken her around the world and she has lived and worked in Finland, Belgium, France, Italy and the Netherlands.
About the Internship Program:
At My Orange Villa, students will develop strong professional skills to give them a competitive advantage in the workforce.
Interns will receive (1) valuable experience in marketing, (2) personal mentorship to help them achieve their career goals, and (3) numerous networking opportunities.
This unpaid internship is designed to be an educational and career-advancing opportunity, where students will be doing meaningful work.
Internship responsibilities may include:
1) Marketing: Help develop marketing strategy, participate in brainstorming sessions, write/edit content
2) Product development: Help create programs and courses around health related topics
3) Event planning: Help create and assist with
4) Social Media: Help implement strategy to increase Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest following & engagement
What I’m looking for:
1) Enthusiastic initiative, creativity, and strong work ethic
2) Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects
3) Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
4) Marketing, social media or event planning experience preferred but not required
5) If you have experience with and access to WordPress, please indicate so in your cover letter.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis starting on Monday, April 21st. To apply, please email Kirsi@myorangevilla.com with the items below:
1) Your resume
2) A cover letter addressed to Kirsi (sent as an attachment) explaining why you’re interested in the internship, what skills you have to offer, and why you’d be a great fit. If applicable, include links to works online you’d like to share. (i.e. blog, etc)
3) Email subject line: “My Orange Villa Internship: [YOUR NAME]
The final deadline to apply is Wednesday, May 7th.